*LIVING in a new country
*LOVING every moment and experience God has blessed us with
*LEARNING new norms, culture and language

Monday, December 24, 2012

So we're here, now what?


Once we flew into Stockholm, a 2 and a half hour drive was awaiting us!  It had snowed all morning in Stockholm so it was a little scary but the cars and tires are well prepared to perform safely in the weather here.  I guess the drivers are as well cause they sure don't drive slow.  


We arrived at 2:30pm and the sun was already setting..once we got settled in, it was dark! We went out to dinner at a pizza restaurant. I wanted something easy/fast and thought pizza would do the trick.  Well lets just say I made a mistake. The Swedes love their pastries, so even the pizza was made on pastry dough. YUCK! After dinner we called it a night even though it was early cause Jayden and I were exhausted.

On the 18th we slept in pretty late due to the time difference. Phillip went to practice and when he returned we decided to go explore the city!  It was time for a nice dinner and a viewing of the castle.  We found a cozy little place that looked like it belonged in NYC.  We were all able to eat something we enjoyed. Phillip had BBQ ribs (yes BBQ, lol), I had the salad bar and a baked potato and Jayden had chicken skewers with fries. For a minute I thought we were back in the states.  However, once we walked outside I was reminded we were no where near home. But that's ok. I am taking in each moment. I may never have the opportunity to get to Orebro, Sweden again!

Orebro Castle

Second dinner in a new country, it was YUMMY!

Svartan River

Enjoying our dinner



No comments:

Post a Comment